- Planning & Zoning
Planning & Zoning
When constructing or renovating a building or an addition, this should be your first stop. All building permits, including heating, plumbing, electrical, and mobile homes are issued through this office for both commercial and residential projects. Hancock County currently follows the 2018 edition of the International Building/Residential Codes.
The Map Service Center is the official government distribution center for digital flood hazard mapping products created by FEMA in support of the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP). Here you can view all current flood maps (Flood Insurance Rate Maps) effective for the entire U.S. and its Territories. For more information, please visit the FEMA Flood Map Service Center page.
Please note: Hancock County participates in the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP), for additional details, please visit FEMA's Flood Insurance page.
Building Department Documents
- Flood Damage Prevention Ordinance (PDF)
- Hancock County Permit Fee Schedule (PDF)
- Hancock County Storm Water Management (PDF)
- Mobile Home Check List (PDF)
- Permit Application for Residential-Commercial (PDF)
- Permit Application for Sub Contractors (PDF)
- Residential Construction Check List (PDF)
- V Zone Building Design and Performance Certificate (PDF)
Our Zoning Department helps in the regulation of buildings and their suitability for particular uses with the intention of conserving the values of buildings and encouraging the use of land throughout the county.